Dear Neighbor of Sherrelwood Park:
Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District has something new and very exciting to share with you about Sherrelwood Park, located at 1200 Douglas Drive, Denver, CO.
Hyland Hills is renovating the field and park area, with the addition of a hillside play area. This play area will take advantage of the slope of the dam embankment to create elevation drop for the various play equipment features. A shelter will be added along with ADA improvements and Water Wise Landscaping.
The intrusive vegetation at the toe of the dam slope will be removed as part of routine maintenance on the dam. Design for the project has been done in compliance with the State of Colorado Engineers Office and Adams County Public Works and Engineering. Hyland Hills thanks them for their assistance.
The renovation will add so much to the neighborhood and we look forward to sharing it with our residents.
What the New Park Will Offer:
- Amazing amenities including a new ADA accessible playground area, park shelter and water-saving improvements to the park for sustainability.
- New overall appeal and value to the neighborhood.
- Hyland Hills has reviewed the traffic around the park. Once the park project is completed, we will continue to monitor the traffic impacts and will seek alternative traffic mitigation measures if necessary. We also will work closely with all residents once the park improvements are completed should any traffic issues arise and need to be addressed.
About the Construction:
- Our goal is to provide as little inconvenience to you, our neighbors, as possible by controlling construction work hours, fencing the project area for safety and to minimize construction noise, dust and clutter, monitoring traffic and parking…and more importantly, by quickly addressing anything that might cause the neighborhood concern.
- If you have question about the project, we will provide contact information for a Hyland Hills management staff member, where we will respond to any issues quickly, that is our promise.
- You will be able to access updates at any time and from anywhere by visiting this page.
We are sincerely sorry to anyone using the sidewalks at Sherrelwood Park, who is being temporarily inconvenienced by the construction fence blocking the through access on the sidewalk.
Essentially, we want to share what we are doing for you in your neighborhood, and we want to assure you that, as Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District has served this area for more than 65 years, we will fulfill our promises in this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience during construction. In the near future, we will be investing more funds for additional park improvements, and we are looking forward to receiving your input on that planning soon. We are so excited to bring this new facility to fruition and we look forward to the many memories the community will make there in the near future.
Hyland Hills Park & Recreation District
Check here daily for notifications and advisories in your area.
December 8, 2023 Update: The sidewalks are now open. The south parking lot remains closed at this time.
November 20, 2023 Update: We anticipate landscaping to be completed in early December, assuming no weather delays. Once landscaping is complete, we will open the new sidewalks.
August 15, 2023 Update: Closure and removal of the sidewalk at the south end of the park. Sidewalk in this area will be closed for one to two months.
August 2, 2023 Update: Willows have been removed near dam slope and new underdrain has been installed
Project Anticipated Completion Date: TBA