Hyland Hills owns and operates two beautiful outdoor swimming pools within the District boundaries, Splashland and Carroll Butts Aquatics. These pools provide first class amenities including beautiful decks with lounging and sunbathing areas, showers, changing rooms, and splash pad play areas for young children. The pools host many aquatics activities for all ages including swim lessons, water aerobics and open swim.
Splashland Aquatics Center
3365 W. 67th Avenue
Carroll Butts Aquatics Center
9427 Perry Street
Swim Lessons & Be-A-Fish Program
The “Be-A-Fish” Learn-To-Swim Program consists of a two-week course of daily, half-hour swim lessons given by trained lifeguards from Water World during the summer season at either of the Hyland Hills outdoor pools. We hope all children will learn water safety and develop a passion for swimming that will last a lifetime. Since 1999, the Hyland Hills Foundation has been funding FREE swim lessons for Hyland Hills/Westminster Public School District #50 elementary-aged kids. The Foundation fundraises throughout the year to fund the “Be-A-Fish” Learn-to-Swim Program and other recreation scholarships that are granted.
Swim Lesson Session Dates For 2022:
Session times are half hour increments and scheduled at both pools:
9:30am – 10:00am, 10:00am – 10:30am, 10:30am – 11:00am, 11:00am – 11:30am, 11:30am – Noon
Session dates are as follows:
- First session is June 13th – June 24th (Mon – Fri)
- Second session is June 27th – July 8th (Mon – Fri)
- Third session is July 11th – July 22nd (Mon-Fri)
- Fourth session is July 25th – Aug 5th (Mon – Fri)
$45 per session, $30 per session for guests with a valid Hyland Hills Discount Card.
To sign up call 303.428.7488 or 720.656.4227, or stop by FIT by Hyland Hills and register in person.
Open Swim Pricing
$4 per guest, ages 3+, per session. Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District residents, who present a current and valid Hyland Hills Discount Card are $2. No refunds or rainchecks in case of inclement weather.
Hours (pools can close early due to inclement weather)
- Monday through Friday June 13 – August 5, 2022 1pm to 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday June 11 – August 15, 2022 1pm – 5pm
- Limited/Rotating pool schedule August 7 – August 14, 2022
Adult Lap Swim
In season every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 12pm to 1pm at Carroll Butts Aquatics Center. Admission is $4 and there is a maximum of 8 participants per day.
Great for Birthday Parties and summer get togethers! Have the Pool to yourself on a Saturday or Sunday from Noon to 1pm (up to 50 people). For Weekend Pool Party pricing and information please call 303-428-7488
- Do NOT enter the facility if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. If you are sick, have a fever, chills, shortness or breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, or diarrhea do not enter.
- Participate at your own risk.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and use hand sanitizer (provided at entry and near first aid room counter).
- Please bring plenty of water to stay hydrated-drinking fountains will not be available. We will be selling bottled soda and water as well.