Dear Neighbor of the Greg Mastriona Golf Courses at Hyland Hills:
The Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District, which operates the Greg Mastriona Golf Courses, is replacing the wooden split-rail fence bordering the golf course property. The existing fence is more than 30 years old and must be replaced as part of long-term maintenance.
We want to remove and replace the fence with as little disruption to the neighboring homeowners as possible. To do this, we need your help.
Homeowners Need To:
- Remove anything growing on, or over, the fence prior to the fence removal and replacement.
- Remove anything that is attached to the fence prior to the fence removal. This includes wire mesh, signs, decorations, etc.
- The project will start on Monday, November 27, 2023 at 5020 W. 98th Ave and continue East until completed.
- We estimate 5-6 weeks for completion.
- We will update this webpage as the project progresses.
We will do our best to keep homeowners updated on the replacement schedule so that you can prepare.
The District owns the fence and is responsible for all replacement, removal, and disposal costs. Once the fencing is replaced, homeowners may attach wire mesh or other fencing to the District fence at their own expense. If you would like to hire a contractor to help with this, we recommend Tom Penny at Woodworth Fencing (303-378-7496).
Please note any gates opening to golf course property will not be replaced, as they are not permitted.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation in this project.
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please email Allen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check here regularly for status updates.
December 8, 2023 Update:
- The fencing was completed up to 10015 N. Meade Ct. yesterday (12/7).
- The contractor is starting on 3745 W. 100th Ave. today (12/8) and will continue West.
December 6, 2023 Update:
- The fencing from 3954 W. 102nd Ave. through 3858 W. 102nd Ave. was completed today (12/6/23).
- The contractor will continue East on Thursday (12/7).
December 5, 2023 Update:
- The fencing from 4045 W. 102nd Ave. through 3962 W. 102nd Ave. was completed today (12/5/23).
- The contractor will continue East, starting at 3964 W. 102nd Ave., on Wednesday (12/6).
December 4, 2023 Update:
- The fencing from behind 4600 Hyland Greens Place through 4613 Hyland Greens Place was completed today (12/4/23).
- The fencing behind 4050 W. 102nd Ave. will start Tuesday (12/5) and the contractor will continue East.
November 30, 2023 Update:
- The fencing from behind 9850 Wolff Ct. and 4688 Hylands Greens Place through 4642 Hyland Greens Place was completed today (11/30/23).
- The fencing from 638 Hyland Greens Place through 4613 Hyland Greens Place is scheduled for replacement Friday (12/1/23).
November 29, 2023 Update:
- The fencing from behind 4890 W. 98th Ave. through 4878 W. 98th Ave., and 9825 Wolff Ct. through 9820 Wolff Ct., was completed today (11/29/23).
- The fencing from 9850 Wolff Ct., and from 4688 Hyland Greens Place through 4613 Hyland Greens Place, is scheduled to start Thursday (11/30/23).
November 28, 2023 Update:
- The fencing from behind 5020 W. 98th Ave through 4910 W. 98th Ave was completed today (11/28).
- The fencing from behind 4890 W. 98th through 4878 W. 98th; and the fencing from 9825 Wolff Ct. through 9850 Wolff Ct. is scheduled for completion on 11/29/23.
- The fencing from 4688 Hyland Green Place through 4613 Hyland Greens Place is scheduled to start 11/30/23.
November 27, 2023 Update: Anticipated start date at 5020 W. 98th Ave.
Project Anticipated Completion Date: Mid to Late January 2024