Dear Neighbor of Carroll Butts Park:
Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District has something new and very exciting to share with you about the old sports building located at Carroll Butts Park – commonly referred to as CBAP, located at 9427 Perry Street. The good news is that Hyland Hills is renovating and expanding our sports center at that site to better serve you. It will look brand new, and we expect the project to be completed in 2023.
The renovated facility will add so much to the neighborhood by providing a beautiful new structure that we look forward to sharing with you very soon through written correspondence like this, and video available at the project information QR code site.
What the New Facility Will Offer:
- Amazing amenities including a new gymnastics center, multi-purpose gymnasium, community activity and meeting rooms and event space for small family events, Wi-Fi, an indoor walking track, and many modern building enhancements.
- New overall appeal and value to the neighborhood.
- An energy-efficient building built to today’s standards.
- Limited operating hours 8 am to 10 pm, so, basically, the building won’t be open as late as before in the old arena.
- The Hyland Hills athletic office staff will be moving into the new facility for full time on-site guest assistance.
- Hyland Hills and the City of Westminster have jointly reviewed the traffic and parking needs of the new facility. We are confident the current parking and traffic patterns can support the new facility. Once the new facility opens, we will continue to monitor the parking and traffic impacts and will seek alternative traffic mitigation measures if necessary. We also will work closely with all user groups once the facility opens to ensure that all on street parking restrictions are followed.
About the Construction:
- Our goal is to provide as little inconvenience to you, our neighbors, as possible by controlling construction work hours, fencing the project area for safety and to minimize construction noise, dust and clutter, monitoring traffic and parking…and more importantly, by quickly addressing anything that might cause the neighborhood concern.
- We will have a construction superintendent on site daily during construction hours that can answer your questions. We will also provide contact information for a Hyland Hills management staff member where we will respond to any issues quickly, that is our promise.
- You will be able to access updates at any time and from anywhere by clicking the QR Code below on your phone or computer, and you may also ask questions there.
We are sincerely sorry to anyone using the sidewalks at Carroll Butts Park who is being temporarily inconvenienced by the construction fence blocking the through access on the sidewalk. We are aware of the situation but there are significant drainage improvements that must be tackled in that area as we erect this beautiful new sports facility.
Essentially, we want to share what we are doing for you in your neighborhood, and we want to assure you that, as Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District has served this area for more than 65 years, we will fulfill our promises in this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience during construction. In the near future, we will be investing more funds for additional park improvements, and we are looking forward to receiving your input on that planning soon. We are so excited to bring this new facility to fruition and we look forward to the many memories the community will make there in the near future.
Hyland Hills Park & Recreation District
Check here daily for notifications and advisories in your area.
March 2023 Sports Center update
February 2023 Sports Center update
January 2023 Sports Center update
December 2022 Sports Center update
November 2022 Sports Center update
October 2022 Sports Center update
September 2022 Sport Center update
August 2022 Sports Center update
July 2022 Sports Center update
June 2022 Sports Center update
Video: Watch the recording of our Carroll Butts Public Webinar from June 21, 2022
Fencing Layout Update: Please click here to see the latest fencing layout map
Project Anticipated Completion Date: Fall 2023